Oregon schools may apply for matching funds up to $750/visit for school field trips to college campuses and college fairs. Funds may be used for transportation, substitutes for teachers attending the field trip, meals, or other expenses. Schools will be reimbursed after the visit. Funds are first-come, first-served, with priority given to GEAR UP Affiliate Schools. Current GEAR UP Schools may not apply for college visit funds.
- Use Oregon GEAR UP’s College Visits Toolkit to plan an effective, developmentally appropriate visit including administering pre- and post-visit surveys (download within the toolkit) to students.
- Schools must have at least 50% of their student body considered low-income (eligible for free/reduced lunch), dictated by federal grant requirements. Schools that don’t meet this requirement may apply for funds if at least 50% of the students on the campus visit are considered low-income.
- Match funds 1:1 either through direct or in-kind support.
- Report the outcomes of the visit and the student surveys to Oregon GEAR UP within two weeks of the visit.
- Funds will be distributed after the visit and only if the post-visit report is complete.
- Submit one application per visit up to $750. If funds are still available after February 1, schools may apply for additional visits. Each school may receive a maximum of $1,500 for visits each year.
- Apply at least one month before anticipated visit. Funds are first-come, first-served. Final deadline to apply is May 15.