This year’s GEAR UP Student Leadership Events will be held August 11-13, 2015 at Oregon State University. There will be three sessions:
- Middle School Session for current 6th and 7th graders, facilitated by Gear Up for Excellence. This camp will focus on leadership, communication, motivation, responsibility, goal attainment, relationships, and learning to learn.
- Skills Summit Leadership Camp for current 8th and 9th graders, facilitated by FOCUS Training. This camp is an opportunity for students to enhance lifelong employability skills and attitudes for future success in both college and the working world.
- College Matters Camp for current 10th and 11th graders, facilitated by FOCUS Training. This camp is designed to improve the college readiness of upperclassmen by focusing on planning for academic success, learning what it takes to enter and afford college, and refining personal leadership skills.
Registration is now closed. If we do not fill the event with the initial registration, students from the alternate lists will be admitted. An optional application form has been included in the event materials; clusters may choose to use the application to assist in their selection process.
Each attending student must submit a signed liability waiver. Signing the photo release is optional, however we love to feature students in our GEAR UP publications whenever possible so we encourage signed photo releases as well.
- More information
- Handouts for students (also available in Spanish)
- Chaperone guidelines
- Optional application form
- Liability waiver
For questions, contact Anne.